Sunday, November 18, 2007

So much to do, so little time

I officially have a month left in Buenos Aires. It still seems crazy to think that I've been here for four months. I got here July 15. I still can't believe it. And now I leave in a month. In some ways, I'm getting very ready to come home - ready to see the family and friends, have a "normal" slice of pizza, speak English on a regular basis, and take discussion based classes. On the other hand, I don't know if my "abroad experience" is really over. Every day I feel like I learn something new about this place - I learn a new Spanish phrase, find a cool new art gallery, discover a new Argentine food, or meet a great new person. Today I went to Hillel, and started talking to one of the security guards as I was walking out. Yet another great person...

I hope that everyone at home as a happy Thanksgiving! My entire program is making the 2 (3?) hour trip to Colonia, Uruguay (PASSPORT STAMP!) for the holiday, and I am planning on staying on a bit with friends. I'll be seeing you all so soon!

ADDENDUM (Mon at 10:30 PM): I just bought my plane tickets back to the US... I get into Newark Dec 19!

2 comments:

Priya said...

Becca!!! I hope you have a very relaxing and happy Thanksgiving!! :) Enjoy your trip to Uruguay... can't wait to hear about it when you come back!! Good luck with all your work! Miss you! :)

Uncle Newt said...

Thinking of you on Thanksgiving Day. For the first time in many years we are not heading for Livingston with all the Simandl clan - but to Tenafly with the Scherls. Will miss seeing you but pleased everyone is enjoying this specil Holiday. Looking forward to your return next month. Love, Uncle Newt