Monday, July 16, 2007

Unpacking in BsAs

Hola!

I'm sitting in my room, looking out the window, and wondering how the heck I got here. Travel is really amazing that way - you get into an airplane, and 9 hours later, you're in a different continent. Craziness!

Anyway, my host is lovely. She's an older woman (70ish?) and I'm her 40th exchange student - she was widowed young, and began doing it after she met a friend who hosted exchange students. She was an art teacher and has beautiful paintings that she did hanging all over her apartment. She's also a vegetarian, who works out rather beautifully!

I started exploring the neighborhood, and really interesting! So much to see and do. I started off just walking, but I'm sure I'll figure out the public transportation soon enough. We start orientation tomorrow, and that's one of the first things they teach us!

I'm going to finish unpacking and whatnot. Hope all is well at home!

Love,
Rebecca

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bec, everything sounds AMAZING! So excited to hear about all of your adventures...Plus, it's nice to have a friend in the hemisphere! MISS YOU!